AI Artwork

 I've never really thought AI artwork was a good idea. We near the point where entire professions will be wiped out. A buggy whip sort of moment and I take that personally because I trained as an artist even if I let my drawing skills atrophy a bit over the years. Perhaps things will be better once AI has been trained and looks less soul-less and the hands aren't as creepy and all that but it'll be a painful road getting there.

The AI art program I've played with produced garbage. Maybe I'm not good enough at picking the exact words as I've seen other peoples samples that looked pretty good, but  mine all result in abominations. Perhaps for Gamma World art that might work but not for what I'm looking for. 

Having said that I read a post on Tenkar's Tavern titled Is AI in our industry really that bad? (Dungeon Alchemist). I like the samples I've seen from Dungeon Alchemist and never really considered AI for dungeon maps. After all Drawing Dungeon maps is kind of fun. Yes drawing really good ones can be a choir (I lean heavily on Dyson Logos amazing maps a lot). Still this seems a niche AI might be good at. So when I stumbled across Imagine.art, an AI program I hadn't used before I started blasting away at commands and I was actually happy with the results. 

I used the text "Isometric dungeon room with near walls removed to show table, benches, and other furniture" The near walls removed didn't really work right, and what's with the windows and no exit? Still the room has character and with photoshop I might be able to clean it up and make it to my satisfaction. Doing a whole dungeon would be painfully slow though (guess Dungeon Alchemist fixes that).


Here is another. Same text (I think) but set to Disney Style. Why Disney style gives a low wall instead of wooden fence I don't know. AI works in mysterious ways, still I kind of like it. I'm not sure how I can use it but I'm always looking for isometric dungeon dressing and there is a lot of that here.


A third one for good measure. The prompt this time: "Isometric dungeon room with near walls removed to show torture equipment and victims chained to wall". The result, well we still have a cheery little window and no victims, but the rest is kind of nice.


And lastly Most of my corridor attempts "with no windows" had windows, clearly it doesn't like corridors and Hallways and loves windows. So I typed "Isometric dungeon hallway with no windows" and the AI gave me Mickey Mouse in a crypt or something (I think Disney is gonna sue someone). So it's far from perfect but the crypt looks nice. 

So AI isn't totally terrible for some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More playing with AI

 This time battlemaps. I was surfing around looking at battlemaps and came across TheAIWizard creating a battlemap or two using AI. He uses...