Half Orc Backgrounds

Half Orc

The name half orc is a misnomer, they are physically all Orc but are not culturally part of the horde. Half Orcs no longer worship Chaos Demons or seek to destroy everything at the whims of Dark Elf or warlord masters. Now they live uneasily in Hill Dwarf settlements, often taking on dangerous tasks to prove themselves to their new allies.

Illustration by Russ Nicholson
1d6
Ideal
1
Life is depressing, and dangerous so I drink, don't judge.
2
I'm angry a lot and have been banned from most taverns for fighting.
3
I've been a member of the thieves guild for some time but keep that connection private.
4
Power. Only through gaining personal power can I implement the changes I know must happen.
5
Honor. I do what I say I'll do and don't like, although frequently nobody believes me.
6
Protecting my battle brothers is my top priority.

1d6
Bond
1
I now worship the Dwarven God Lord Gax.
2
My Clan, what's left of it. I'll do anything for them and to a lesser extent for the other Half Orc refugees.
3
Helping the Humans who gave me a chance instead of killing me outright as their Dwarven brethren demanded, that is who I feel bonded to.
4
Stopping the Horde before they do any further damage. 
5
Treasure, I'll only risk my life for wealth and security.
6
My purpose in life is the destruction of the Dark Elves that mislead my people into worship chaos.

1d6
Flaw
1
Love fresh meat, Halfling meat to be honest, but I can control myself.
2
I was a major player in the fall of X Vault. I live in fear I'll be found out.
3
I have horrible manners and hygiene, big shock, I'm an Orc.
4
I don't really like Elves or Dwarves. Halflings and humans are alright though.
5
Although I no longer worship the Chaos Gods I still sacrifice to them from time-to-time just to be safe.
6
Irrational hatred for the Horde and I've ignored more than one order to retreat because of my rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More playing with AI

 This time battlemaps. I was surfing around looking at battlemaps and came across TheAIWizard creating a battlemap or two using AI. He uses...