Human Backgrounds

Humans

Humans appear in most Hill Dwarf settlements. Mostly they are mercenaries come to fight, either because they believe in the cause or they are looking for cash. The flood of humans has only increased recently as Dwarven law says any Dwarven treasure left unclaimed for 50 years is up for grabs, a well known law well known to treasure hunters who have counted down the years since the Grand Vault fell 50 years ago. The humans come in many racial types but they all share the same culture (for now, eventually I'd like a couple different human cultures represented).

Illustration by Russ Nicholson
1d6
Ideal
1
Faith. I trust that my God Lord Gax will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
2
Fame. Through adventuring I'll become famous and someone people want to know.
3
Progress. Backwards and antiquated ways should be updated or we'll never persevere.
4
Freedom. I hate to see anyone enslaved or imprisoned and will take great risks to free prisoners of the horde.
5
Fairness. Unfair rules are meant to be broken. Unfair fights are meant to be joined.
6
Greater Good. I'm willing to do some bad things if it leads to the correct results.

1d6
Bond
1
I'm willing to risk my life to prove the value of humans in the alliance.
2
I care for my family and will risk all to provide for them.
3
I love the alliance despite the imperfections and will die to preserve it.
4
I believe in honor and will not break my codes no matter what.
5
I'm loyal to the Guild that was both father and mother to me.
6
I am faithful and comfortable knowing my soul will be cared for after death.

1d6
Flaw
1
I put way to much trust in authority, I know it, but can't help it, and this war is too important for petty rebellions.
2
I'm a religious zealot and will do just about anything the Clerics of Gax say. 
3
My family is everything, and I'll do anything to protect or advance the family.
4
I like the good things in life and I'll take whatever risks are necessary to afford living like an Aristocrat, even for awhile.
5
I can't hide it, I'm very proud of everything human, especially our position as the shield of the Alliance.
6
I don't trust authority at all and will at least consider doing the opposite when given orders. It's a problem, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

More playing with AI

 This time battlemaps. I was surfing around looking at battlemaps and came across TheAIWizard creating a battlemap or two using AI. He uses...