Best of the Web

Some time ago the Wall Street Journal Online came up with a daily post called Best of the Web. They culled interesting stories from everywhere and posted with snarky comments. It grew stale after awhile but I always liked the idea. The concept is similar to blog aggregators but guided in a more useful way. So that's is what this Label will try to be, except weekly or monthly. We'll see.

Some folks are so creative they make you try even harder as not to look like a hack by comparison.
  • Doomslakers! - The Blog of James V West. Art, Adventure, Games, Whimsies Galore. Somewhere along the line I ran across Black Pudding Magazine by James V West and loved it. The magazine was dedicated to D&D but was easily adaptable. The thing was packed with bits & pieces that lit up my creativity. I ended up buying every issue and tracked down his website. 
  • Dungeon Dozen - The Blog of Jason Sholtis. The author packs more creativity into a 12 item table than most blogs in their entirety. When I first found the blog I spent hours going through the various sections. When I found out the author created an underground environment called Operation Unfathomable I bought a copy and loved every word of it. Sad he hasn't posted since September, hopefully that means another product is in the works.
  • Tony Dowler - He's mostly on Google Plus (which is dying) and Pintrest (which I have no Interest). I absolutely love the way he draws his microdungeons (but the normal link is 404). Still his Salamander Mines and his How to Host a Dungeon are both brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. Dungeon Dozen was a good concept, but it went way WAAAAYYYYY overboard.

    ReplyDelete

More playing with AI

 This time battlemaps. I was surfing around looking at battlemaps and came across TheAIWizard creating a battlemap or two using AI. He uses...