Initial Post

I'm calling the site Grindstonë because I intend to dig up a lot of public domain stuff (mostly maps) that are buried out there on the web and clean them up and make them useful for GMs that never have time or enough maps. I think of this is sharpening the GMs tools for them, much as using a grindstone to sharpen a sword or hoe.

I'm a one person operation based out of the West Coast of North America. San Diego to be exact. I expect eventually to bundle different bits and sell them. Hopefully publishing them online first won't cut into the sales too badly, that doesn't seem to be the case with other blogs so I'm willing to take the risk to build name recognition.

Long ago Colombia games stated that it as easier to add fantastic elements to a rather non-fantastic world than the reverse (or something similar, I'm paraphrasing). I think that's basically true since my own version of Harn replaced the Gargun (Harn Orcs) with the Greenskins from Warhammer among other things. To that end most of the stuff on this blog will probably be less than fantastic. I sharpen the blade, the GM will have to actually wield it in battle (simulated of course).

Having said that the word Grindstonë in the title contains an umlaut over the 'e'. This umlaut is silent, it is the Heavy Metal umlaut, a stylistic reminder to keep things fun, loud, and a bit over the top.

The little image comes from the utrecht-psalter, a Carolingian book of psalms from the 9th century, back when they were hopping with excitement to sharpen their swords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More playing with AI

 This time battlemaps. I was surfing around looking at battlemaps and came across TheAIWizard creating a battlemap or two using AI. He uses...