Best of the Web - MSJX Maps

This week's Best of the Web is dedicated to maps by m.s.jackson at msjx. Specifically dungeon maps. I've never really been happy with my own dungeon maps which tend to look like the sample in the back of the original DMG. I've always kept my eye out for better style (isometric, top-down 3-d, or standard) but I get attracted to overly complicated looking maps which take too long. As I look around I keep coming back to msjx's maps. The older ones are a bit different style but the newer ones are beautiful. They are simple, clean and clear (especially the 'infamous Fuck Your Printer versions'. 

Here is a selection of the top-down dungeon maps I like:

The Eternal Grave of the Elaborist Saqqara

The Great Hall redux

Vinjeøran Burial Tomb

The Temple of Sorrowed Ladies

No man is an island, a dungeon tomb

The Mines at Torgath

Sigyn's Kurgan

A dungeon

There is also an isometric map that I really like. Bath House of Blonin Breasthaven is for Far Away Lands and it perfectly matches the aesthetic feel of that game and is the prettiest isometric map I've seen. Simple, clean, and clear.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayston - AI City Map

The Hayston map provides a good example of the mushy roofs I mentioned in the AI City Map intro post. Look at building 4. Fishmonger, the wh...