Best of the Web - RIP Steve Perrin

Steve Perrin has passed on August 13, 2021. He was one of the founding members of the Society for Creative Anachronisms and took that knowledge of combat into the RPG world working on the original RuneQuest and Stormbringer games.

I loved RuneQuest and would have loved Stormbringer even more if I gave it a chance at the time. Seems Stormbringer fixed some of the thing about RuneQuest that I didn't like (everyone had magic in RuneQuest and hit points by location, and Glorantha).

I never met the man, I have now quirky anecdotes, but he had an influence on my gaming by providing such a solid alternative to the game that has always dominated the RPG industry. Thanks Steve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

More playing with AI

 This time battlemaps. I was surfing around looking at battlemaps and came across TheAIWizard creating a battlemap or two using AI. He uses...