Bestiary - Hobgoblin

The Hobgoblin nation was conquered by the horde some time ago and provide a balance against the Orc forces in the horde. Hobgoblins are smaller than Orcs but tend to stick together better. You fight one Hobgoblin you fight them all. That doesn't go for their smaller Goblin cousins.

Hobgoblins are Chaos Worshipers (see Chaos Gods table).

Proficiency Bonus +2
Proficiencies: All Armor, Martial Weapons
Martial Advantage. Once per turn, the hobgoblin can deal an extra 7 (2d6) damage to a creature it hits with a weapon attack if that creature is within 5 feet of an ally of the hobgoblin that isn't incapacitated.
Speed 30 ft.
Senses darkvision 60 ft.,
passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Goblin

1d6
Ideal
1
Nature. Being inside an occupied Dwarven Vault all the time is depressing. The beauty of the stars, and forests are worth the risk of Elven archers.
2
Faith. My Chaos Lord is my everything.
3
Fame. Through hard work and occasional risk I can become famous and thus satisfy my bond.
4
Honor, at least towards other Hobgoblins.
5
Destruction. Sometimes I smash things for no reason, but I don't need a reason. The joy of smashing is enough.
6
Be prepared. There is no point racing off to battle only to realize that in your haste you've forgotten your weapons.

1d6
Bond
1
My loyalty is to the Warboss. I'll do whatever commanded even if it leads to injury or death.
2
My life is dedicated to my Chaos Lord, I'll do as the Shamans says even if it goes against the Warboss's wishes.
3
The Hobgoblin Nation will be free. I'll work with other Hobs of different Warbands if necessary to make that happen.
4
My unit is all I have. I have no love for the Hobgoblin nation that sold me to endless war, or for the Chaos gods or Warboss we fight for.
5
There is this female Hobgoblin... Id' do anything for her.
6
Gold is good. With Gold the Hobgoblin nation can buy our freedom from the Dark Elves. I save my booty for the cause.

1d6
Flaw
1
I hate to wear metal armor, it is too heavy and noisy.
2
I don't like magic, including magical healing, as it reduces my soul. If given the chance I'll fight whomever tries.
3
Tend to challenge friend and foe to fights over minutia.
4
I hate groups of non-Hobgoblins. I can tolerate my squad, but go crazy if we go into common areas with other members of the Warband.
5
Hate Ogres. Giant stupid unthinking Warboss lackies.
6
Can't tolerate cooked food. Freshly killed is my thing.

1d8
Chaos God
1
Cthulhu the Great Old One
2
Dagon, Prince of the Sea
3
Hastor the Unspeakable
4-6
Jubilex the Faceless Lord of Slime
7
Nyarlathotep the Crawling Chaos
8
Yog-Sothoth

Hobgoblin Hero
AC: 18 (Mail, shield) HP: 16
STR 15 (+2) DEX 12 (+1) CON 14 (+2)
INT 10 (+0) WIS 10 (+0) CHA 09 (-1)
Scimitar. To hit +4, Damage 1d8 +2.
Crossbow, heavy (x12). To hit +1, Range 100/400 ft., Damage 1d10 +1

Hobgoblin Nyarlathotep Shaman
AC: 12 (Padded) HP: 16
STR 10 (+0) DEX 13 (+1) CON 12 (+1)
INT 14 (+2) WIS 15 (+2) CHA 11 (+0)
Flail. To hit +2, Damage 1d8.

Level
 Nyarlathotep Shaman Spells
Cantrip
Guidance, Mending, Sacred Flame, Thaumaturgy
1
Bane, Guiding Bolt, Inflict Wounds
2
Aid, Enhance Ability, Silence
3
Speak with Dead, Spirit Guardians

Hobgoblin Warriors
AC: 18 (Mail, shield) HP: 15
STR 13 (+1) DEX 12 (+1) CON 12 (+1)
INT 10 (+0) WIS 10 (+0) CHA 09 (-1)
Scimitar. To hit +3, Damage 1d8 + 1

Hobgoblin Bonded
AC: 12 (Padded) HP: 11
STR 10 (+0) DEX 11 (+0) CON 13 (+1)
INT 11 (+0) WIS 15 (+2) CHA 07 (-2)
Shortbow (x6) To hit +2, Range 80/320 ft., Damage 1d6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More playing with AI

 This time battlemaps. I was surfing around looking at battlemaps and came across TheAIWizard creating a battlemap or two using AI. He uses...